Monday, November 28, 2011

Sounds of Thanksgiving

Pack. Load up. Buckle up. Are we there yet? 3 more hours. I have to pee. Snuggles with mommy or chocolate cake? Chocolate cake! Where's the Kooken?! Are we there yet? 2 more hours. Pass the Kooken! I really have to pee. Unbuckle. Buckle. In case of accident, at least you are warm. Unbuckle.  Unpack.  I need to study. It's hard to tell the difference between the shell and the nut. Why don't you kids go outside. Look how creative I was! Is that a skateboard? Yup. Really? It's only 6:15 AM! Screw the nursing, you need to write! She has done it! I am so proud of her! I really need to sit down and study. Pack. Load up. Buckle up. Are we there yet? 532 Polka Dots. I think the whole world should be made out of candy. Then you can eat your arm and it will grow back. I love you, Mommy. I love you too, Bug. How in the WORLD can you be hungry right now? Are we there yet? 22 Kangaroos. Unbuckle. Unpack. If only I could channel my inner boy. One step at a time. Pack. Load up. Buckle up. Silence.... Unbuckle. Unpack. If there is an unlimited number of prime numbers, aren't there also an unlimited number of twin prime numbers? How'd it go? Brought my A game. Sorry we are leaving you all alone. Must. Sleep. How can I be hungry? Pack. Load up. Buckle up. Have you ever dropped anything you really like out of the car window? One full hour of children's giggles. How much longer? 8 minutes less than the last time you asked. Wait. Rewind. Did you throw something out the window? No. Just teasing you, Mom. Perfect, Guns and Roses singing "Patience" on the radio. How long have we been in the car? 20 minutes. 20 minutes?! It's been like an hour already! I'm bored. Read. Unbuckle. Unpack. Home. All of the coffee in the world put into one cup could not keep me awake and allow me to study right now. Feeling grateful. Absolutely perfect holiday.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It was a perfect holiday and you are amazing! Keep up the memories but live in the moment!! Love to you all,
    Letha

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH FUN, Christa, spending time w/you, Turner & Quincy. Will send along some photos once Rhy shows me how, again. The "cousins" didn't miss one step together, nor did the ladies. Yes, much to be thankful for, including your safe journey home. LOVE to all, karen Also thankful for the 60 degree weather today. It's called "how many more days can I yank out of that oil tank in basement."

    ReplyDelete