Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Day of Thanks

For the first time in 3 years, I am lucky enough to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas with my kiddos. Never one to tackle any opportunity quietly, I have decided this year I will pass along what I believe to be the "true" meaning of this holiday season...Family. Friends. Kindness. Love. (ie: F*ck the gifts.)

Having said that...not sure what this says about me ... but as I lovingly prepared my contribution for today's dinner, I lost the food. So focused at chopping and going through my mental list of the To-Do's before we take off and celebrate, I somehow misplaced all of the veggies I just cut. I looked in the frig, the cooler thinking maybe I was so efficient that I packed them already. I even went so far as to check the car. All to no avail.  Totally confused and starting to think this is absolutely ridiculous, I checked the cupboard.

Yes. This is my cupboard. Yes. I found the vegetables here. In the cupboard.

So let me start off this holiday season by saying I am THANKFUL for finding the food.

Peace, love and giggles to you all.
Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment