Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I fell in LOVE!!

This past weekend was one of pure joy. I read my horoscope, I drank coffee, I read a book, I played with my children, I stayed in my pj's for all but 5 hours of the weekend. We drank hot cocoa with marshmallows, my kitchen was full of heavenly scents of roasting garlic and vegetables from my homemade soup. My mom paid us a visit and we made sugar filled cookies. I fell in love.

I have been so busy with school and the daily routine of life, that extra moments of stress free time to sit down and play with my children have been few and far in-between. This weekend, however, I made a point of putting down my book, setting aside my agenda and just listened. I listened to their complicated conversations about rules to a new game, to their giggles. I took time to snuggle and play with each one of my monkeys individually, and let me tell you what! I fell in LOVE with my most beautiful monkeys! I realized how they have rolled with my crazy schedule, and yet have been so understanding and supportive of me. In fact, my son has gone so far as to announce my grades to everyone he comes into contact with. (Thank goodness I did well.)

I realized how I am most fortunate that we are healthy, full of energy and together. And even though my life presents many incredibly difficult challenges, I am so very grateful to be right here, right now.

My Christmas wish for you is a free moment that can be filled with the giggle of your monkeys.

Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment